To simply cry out

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He saved them out of their distresses.
20 He sent His word and healed them,
And delivered them from their destructions.
Psalm 107:19-20

I started out my week with this verse and I am ending my week with this verse and all that happened in between is the crying out. I have had a deeper awareness of God's word spoken over me regarding all those things that make me anxious and all those things that threaten to steal my peace and joy. I am more willing to take a more serious look into the these common things that can lead me or my family down a path of destruction if I am intent on trying to handle it all on my own.  Stress really can kill. It can kill your joy and ruin your life and your health. It can make you mean and crabby or withdrawn and depressed. It can make your stomach hurt and make you feel exhausted. 

This week I remembered that there is help and that there is healing available for me. I meditated on these two simple sentences and although I didn't remember to apply them every time I had the "opportunity" ;) , I did learn a lot about the benefits of asking for help.  The main thing that sticks out to me about these verses is that it says, "He sent His word and healed them".  After being soaked in the word of God since birth, I do not know why it is so hard to remember that God is concerned about everything that touches me.  I need healing from this idea that I have allowed to take root in my heart and mind that I am responsible for EVERYTHING and everyone.... and that 99% of the time everything depends on me and if I fail, the world will completely fall apart.

The Bible goes so far to say that all of the hairs of my head are numbered - that a sparrow doesn't fall to the ground that He does not know of. Why is it so hard to believe that God really does want me to lean upon Him even with those most typical, mundane stressors in life.... the baby making constant messes, me losing my debit card, not being able to keep up with the laundry or get in enough time at work, running late everywhere I go, not being able to stay on top of everyone's schedules or spend enough meaningful time with the people I love, being overwhelmed with time-restraints and deadlines and all the cleaning up that needs to happen at my house, wondering how to relate better to my kids, worrying that I will never get back to eating and exercising right and trying to decide how to explain tragic scary events to my kids that are happening in the world this week.  God is concerned about all that and wanting me to do well. He really is. 

When I am walking in that confidence, I am walking in healing and grace... and all it takes is a willingness on my part to simply cry out.


Other Popular Posts